Skip to main content

Week 15: My Marketing Strategy Post One

 I feel that for the consumer, Facebook and Instagram are best to start with.  At least on FB I can control a paid audience.  Also, FB is the correct age demographic for my products.  I am most excited about Facebook as I understand it and there can be great interaction.  I can also make it a resource and inspirational platform for patients at all stages through their journey.  I am also diving more into graphic design and look forward to incorporating it in my communications!  My calling for sure!

 

I would like to try a contest combined with a survey to see what products my customer base is interested in.  I think there is a way to upload a customer email list and reach them (paid, I believe).  It sure would also be a way to gain likes.  I feel it would be best to have a library of meaningful posts first in this oversaturated world.  I also very much like the rule of thirds as it is not self serving.  This is from the article: 14 Social Media Best Practices You Should Follow in 2020by Todd Clarke:

·      ⅓ share posts to promote your business, convert readers, and

generate profits

·      ⅓ share posts of ideas from influencers in your industry (or

like-minded businesses)

·      ⅓ share posts of personal stories to build your brand

 

As my primary market is leading plastic surgeons on the west coast, I can look up surgeons on Linked In and perhaps their practice managers.  This may be effective, but I can also reach out to them directly though phone calls, emails, personal visits (remember those) and postcards.

 

As  small business, I feel that it would be best for me to plan on a quarterly basis, so perhaps 10-20 hours including writing and creating the artwork for the posts to be scheduled.   I will analyze what is effective and if it warrants spending money on advertising.  I am excited to get going.

Inspired,

Marla Hope

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1A:  Let's get blogging This is my first go at creating a blog and posting to it so that you will be interested in reading it and coming back for more information.  Therefore, let’s start at the beginning; choosing a theme to entice you.   Here are the reasons I chose the Notable theme:   1.      This theme is  notable  as an extension of my personality, primarily striving for organized minimalism.  I want to present you with information to quickly  grasp without clutter on your screen.  As a fellow achiever, I’d like to help you comfortably reach your goal of grasping all the information in one full swoop.     2.     This theme is  notable   for a purposeful format with one section of text with one photo.  You can chose to digest each morsel by reading the text or by looking a picture (quietly speaking a thousand words).   Once I learn how to format the photos with text, I plan on using clever photos with simplicity for focus rather than distraction.   3.     This theme is al

Week 2 Part B--Business Research

This week I have researched five related businesses to learn more about how they use social media.  Here are the highlights of what I have learned: Ana Ono Intimates https://www.anaono.com Company information:   Revenues:  $1M with 6 employees.  International company in the mastectomy/breast reconstruction garment niche.  Started by a survivor in her 30’s.  Innovative and even went to New York fashion week and Soma carries their products. Social Media:     Links are on their website. Facebook:   post once per day, last post was 9/8/20.  They have 8281 followers and their posts are all about promotions under the guise of supportive comments. Pinterest:  They are quite active with posts and have 898 followers.  They are a verified merchant.  Boards include:  Lingerie and loungewear that offers comfort, beauty and community through breast cancer. #NEVERALONE; photos about bras and graphic patient photos.  Presenting a hip, real life image.  This is more interesting than Facebook. Instagra

Week Ten Newsletters--Blog Post One

I think it would be helpful and appropriate to send a monthly newsletter.     As I reach new customers that are at different stages of their recovery and seasons or holidays are good themes to tie into.     Plus, the “woman” power to write it would be comfortable on this timetable.   I am not on an email list for my competitors, but thanks to this class, I will check them out and sign up to learn about what they are doing.     The content my business could use is information about the breast cancer journey, the process of reconstructive surgery, recovery and how patients get through it.   I can also include the fashion part of the business; fibers, manufacturing process, zippers used, colors chosen, fit and laundering.  In addition, customer feedback can be welcome content. Communicatively, Marla Hope