Skip to main content

Week 12: Business Specific Online Tools

 

Additional online tools:

 

I would like to focus on selling to plastic surgeons.  Therefore, I have researched groups in LinkedIn to meet other reps calling on this specific target market.

 

I am not particularly a local business although I do sell to the San Diego market and offer special service to people locally.  As this is not my first preference to sell to the general public and I do not have a storefront, Google My Business or Yelp would not appropriate.  Regarding Facebook, perhaps reviews may be helpful as I can reference them on my site for potential surgeons to view.

 

I feel that specific associations for plastic surgeons would be one of the best ways to connect with this target.  Also, by me following key PS on Facebook and Instagram, they can become familiar with my company.  Other ideas are welcome.

 

I researched groups on Linked In and was excited to see these although they may not be specific to PS.  I would like to do a little more research before joining them to see if they can be helpful.  But, this is the online translation of the reps I met in person at trade shows.  Thanks for this idea!

 

Medical and Surgical Distributor Reps:  https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2851836/

Medical Device Sales Professionals:  https://www.linkedin.com/groups/47802/

Medical Device Distributors and Independent Representatives:  https://www.linkedin.com/groups/1844428/

The OR Lounge:  https://www.linkedin.com/groups/1499407/

Women in Medical Sales:  https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2001335/

 

I researched streaming content and found:  https://www.theplasticsurgerychannel.com/breast/breast-augmentation-surgery/.  There are advertising opportunities there.   I feel this is geared towards  the patient and if I were to pay for advertising, I would rather spend the dollars to reach plastic surgeons.

Here is another site:  https://www.theaestheticguide.com/cosmetic-surgery/streaming-surgery.  I am not familiar with this as I have focused on the reconstructive side of PS, though it does look geared towards the surgeon.  I will need to learn more.  If I stream content, I would like to do it with patient testimonials and/or medical staff testimonials.  That is a tall order due to logistics and permissions.  I think it would be much more interesting than a size chart as I have seen.  I did do a video on how to put on our bra.  It is vertical so I would need to redo it.  I just think peripheral content is more effective and engaging for new people to get aquanited with a brand.

 

MeetUp groups:  I researched this and the ones which showed up that were not my target (one in Europe, the others were for patients).

 

I feel the next step is to go through my contacts and see what groups they may be in.  As I have not been to a trade show in a couple of years and several people have left the industry, it may be a challenge, but they may have ideas or know others to help.

Thanks for this idea!

 

Your groupie,

Marla Hope

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1A:  Let's get blogging This is my first go at creating a blog and posting to it so that you will be interested in reading it and coming back for more information.  Therefore, let’s start at the beginning; choosing a theme to entice you.   Here are the reasons I chose the Notable theme:   1.      This theme is  notable  as an extension of my personality, primarily striving for organized minimalism.  I want to present you with information to quickly  grasp without clutter on your screen.  As a fellow achiever, I’d like to help you comfortably reach your goal of grasping all the information in one full swoop.     2.     This theme is  notable   for a purposeful format with one section of text with one photo.  You can chose to digest each morsel by reading the text or by looking a picture (quietly speaking a thousand words).   Once I learn how to format the photos with text, I plan on using clever photos with simplicity for focus rather than distraction.   3.     This theme is al

Week 2 Part B--Business Research

This week I have researched five related businesses to learn more about how they use social media.  Here are the highlights of what I have learned: Ana Ono Intimates https://www.anaono.com Company information:   Revenues:  $1M with 6 employees.  International company in the mastectomy/breast reconstruction garment niche.  Started by a survivor in her 30’s.  Innovative and even went to New York fashion week and Soma carries their products. Social Media:     Links are on their website. Facebook:   post once per day, last post was 9/8/20.  They have 8281 followers and their posts are all about promotions under the guise of supportive comments. Pinterest:  They are quite active with posts and have 898 followers.  They are a verified merchant.  Boards include:  Lingerie and loungewear that offers comfort, beauty and community through breast cancer. #NEVERALONE; photos about bras and graphic patient photos.  Presenting a hip, real life image.  This is more interesting than Facebook. Instagra

Week 3 Post 1 - Aesthetics, Design & Branding

After reviewing all the sites, I chose to discuss the following websites as they stood out in various ways:   https://jamilin.com First, there is so much information on the page with so many font colors, it is extremely difficult to focus on any one item and it is not clear what this company considers the most important information on the page.  It seems that the information was added to the page without an overall concept. There is no contrast to help organize the page and the alignment is mixed, even within multiple sections.  Each page has a completely different design format and it is not apparent on how to return to the home page.  In addition, for some reason, multiple images do not load. I do not think this site looks professional as the photos, type and layout does not looked planned or created to direct the visitor in a logical path.  It appears that the company may be disorganized and perhaps their offerings are not quality. To improve upon this site, a well thought out style